19:00:37 <wumpus> #startmeeting
19:00:37 <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu May 16 19:00:37 2019 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:37 <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:45 <jonasschnelli> hi
19:00:49 <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral
19:01:01 <kanzure> hi
19:01:02 <achow101> hi
19:01:31 <gwillen> hi
19:01:34 <wumpus> any proposed topics?
19:01:59 <kanzure> small topic but doesn't need much discussion: topic collection for upcoming physical meeting. please send me your ideas or what you want to hear from someone else. it's voluntary.
19:02:06 <wumpus> nothing on moneyball 's list i see
19:02:35 <aj> hey
19:02:39 <meshcollider> hi
19:02:42 <jnewbery> hi
19:02:54 <luke-jr> hi
19:03:23 <wumpus> #action send topics for upcoming physical meeting to @kanzure
19:03:38 <dongcarl> Any way to participate in physical meeting if we’re not there physically?
19:04:29 <MarcoFalke> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=can+you+clone+yourself
19:04:38 <wumpus> don't know if anyone here can answer that :)
19:04:50 <achow101> dongcarl: probably not
19:04:52 <luke-jr> based on past meetups, I'd say not really
19:04:52 <meshcollider> dongcarl: a lot of people will still be on IRC and kanzure will probably take notes if there are any talks
19:05:12 <dongcarl> Makes sense
19:05:23 <jonasschnelli> the coredev meetings are only physical
19:05:32 <jamesob> hi
19:05:38 <jonasschnelli> no stream it anything
19:05:45 <jonasschnelli> *or
19:06:43 <wumpus> #topic high priority for review
19:07:04 <achow101> Can #15741 be added to hi prio?
19:07:07 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15741 | Batch write imported stuff in importmulti by achow101 · Pull Request #15741 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:07:09 <wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8  only two PRs left #15427 #15024 anything to add?
19:07:13 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15427 | Add support for descriptors to utxoupdatepsbt by sipa · Pull Request #15427 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:07:14 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15024 | Allow specific private keys to be derived from descriptor by meshcollider · Pull Request #15024 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:07:23 <wumpus> achow101:sure
19:08:14 <gmaxwell> Can #15224 be added? (not much to do, lets get this in)
19:08:16 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15224 | Add RNG strengthening (10ms once every minute) by sipa · Pull Request #15224 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:08:46 <wumpus> gmaxwell:done
19:09:05 <wumpus> although there's now two PRs by sipa in there
19:10:04 <wumpus> but if no one has a problem with that, we'll just keep it like that
19:10:07 <wumpus> any other topics?
19:12:02 <gmaxwell> wumpus: I think the limit is (or should be) nominator, unless its resulting in getting not enough attention from the author.
19:12:26 <jonasschnelli> Yes
19:12:29 <gmaxwell> (unless you disagree, -- in which case we could hold off on my nom. no feelings hurt)
19:12:42 <jamesob> gmaxwell: agree
19:12:47 <wumpus> gmaxwell: I don't mind, it's not like a lot of things have been proposed in any case
19:12:50 <aj> gmaxwell: it's just hard to keep track of who nominated with the github ui
19:12:58 <gmaxwell> wumpus: right.
19:13:03 <meshcollider> Yes I think we talked about that a week or two ago
19:13:30 <gmaxwell> aj: it also doesn't really matter if someone messes up and noms two things. If someone starts doing it a lot it'll get noticed and we could track with some greppable IRC line or something. :)
19:13:51 <wumpus> yes, would be nice if the 'card system' in projects allowed adding some extra text
19:14:31 <luke-jr> could just not worry about limits until it gets crowded..
19:14:32 <gmaxwell> I mean we could add tags for each regular contributor to track their nominations.
19:14:48 <gmaxwell> but yeah, my though is wait for a problem.
19:14:51 <wumpus> right
19:14:57 <jnewbery> it's not clear to me whether high-priority is just for PRs blocking other stuff or not
19:14:58 <wumpus> okay, anthing else to discuss?
19:15:58 <wumpus> jnewbery: it's supposed to be for that, but if you have another reason why something is high priority, that works too imo
19:16:59 <wumpus> it's good to have an overview of the work going on that has agreement that it's more high priority in the meeting, with zilions of refactoring PRs
19:20:18 <wumpus> ok...
19:20:20 * luke-jr pokes a cricket
19:20:25 <wumpus> #endmeeting