19:00:21 <wumpus> #startmeeting
19:00:21 <lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Feb 20 19:00:21 2020 UTC.  The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:21 <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:26 <kanzure> hi
19:00:31 <achow101> hi
19:00:32 <jonasschnelli> hi
19:00:45 <wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
19:00:47 <wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
19:00:50 <jonatack> hi
19:00:53 <ariard_> hi
19:01:00 <elichai2> hi
19:01:01 <meshcollider> hi
19:02:00 <promag> hi
19:02:34 <wumpus> no proposed topics in  http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt (as I understand it)
19:02:36 <kanzure> no new entries in proposedmeetingtopics.txt http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt
19:02:42 <wumpus> ha thanks kanzure
19:02:47 <hebasto> hi
19:03:11 <wumpus> any last minute proposals?
19:04:03 <wumpus> FWIW the 0.20 feature freeze is in less than a month (2020-03-15)
19:04:14 <wumpus> see #17432
19:04:14 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17432 | Release schedule for 0.20.0 · Issue #17432 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:04:21 <wumpus> #topic High priority for review
19:04:43 <wumpus> 8 blockrers, 1 bugfix, 6 chasing concept ACK
19:04:58 <elichai2> Reviews for #18014 will be appreciated (not sure if high priority is appropriate though)
19:05:00 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18014 | lib: Optimizing siphash implementation by elichai · Pull Request #18014 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:05:05 <wumpus> anyone have suggestions for things to add/remove/merge?
19:05:21 <wumpus> elichai2: does it block other work for you?
19:05:22 <achow101> merge #18034?
19:05:24 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18034 | Get the OutputType for a descriptor by achow101 · Pull Request #18034 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:05:28 <elichai2> wumpus: nope
19:05:41 <jonatack> #17812 may be rfm
19:05:44 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17812 | config, net, test: asmap functional tests and feature refinements by jonatack · Pull Request #17812 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:06:06 <wumpus> thanks achow101 jonatack
19:06:25 <gwillen> #17509 is already high-prio but nobody's reviewed since it was added there, perhaps take a look? :-)
19:06:28 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17509 | gui: save and load PSBT by Sjors · Pull Request #17509 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:06:32 <bitcoin-git> [13bitcoin] 15icota closed pull request #18179: Add Lightning Network support (06master...062020-01-core-lightning) 02https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18179
19:07:19 <wumpus> elichai2: to be clear I'm ok with adding it if you want, but the blockers list is meant for PRs that block other work
19:07:45 <achow101> add #17577 to blockers?
19:07:49 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17577 | refactor: deduplicate the message sign/verify code by vasild · Pull Request #17577 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:08:08 <meshcollider> achow101: 18034 needs another review imo, I'll review it this afternoon
19:08:27 <elichai2> wumpus: yeah makes sense. Just wanted to ask for people to review :)
19:08:27 <achow101> meshcollider: great!
19:09:25 <wumpus> achow101: #18115 is based on it?
19:09:28 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18115 | wallet: Pass in transactions and messages for signing instead of exporting the private keys by achow101 · Pull Request #18115 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:09:35 <achow101> wumpus: yes
19:10:11 <wumpus> ok, added
19:10:32 <elichai2> gwillen: Does it need code review or testing the gui?
19:11:42 <gwillen> provoostenator: it's your PR, opinion? ^
19:12:01 <bitcoin-git> [13bitcoin] 15Mentors4EDU opened pull request #18186: Stage and add commits behind (06master...06master) 02https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18186
19:12:25 <gwillen> I've never been totally clear on what the requirements are before something can be merged :-)
19:12:30 <bitcoin-git> [13bitcoin] 15Mentors4EDU closed pull request #18186: Stage and add commits behind (06master...06master) 02https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18186
19:12:48 <gwillen> I did gui testing to my own satisfaction at least
19:12:56 <instagibbs> gwillen, it's fuzzy "I know it when I see it" :P
19:13:10 <gwillen> yeah, *nod*. I did both a code review and GUI testing, I imagine it just needs "more eyes", so ideally both
19:13:12 <wumpus> gwillen: pretty much:  if the maintainer of the part of the code has enough confidence in it, you can help this by adding reviews / test reports
19:13:45 <instagibbs> I can definitely take a look at that PR
19:13:51 <gwillen> much appreciated
19:14:04 <wumpus> it can differ very much by part of the code changed what kind and how much review/manual testing/fuzzing/analysis/etc is needed
19:14:20 <instagibbs> what subsystems it touches, can people lose money if you're wrong, etc
19:14:26 <wumpus> exactly
19:15:23 <wumpus> I guess for PSBT GUI the most important thing is that people test it manually and it works as expected
19:15:43 <promag> I'll see 17509 too
19:16:23 <hebasto> btw, which devs reviews are more valuable for autotools related PRs?
19:16:37 <wumpus> cfields_ dongcarl
19:16:49 <wumpus> maybe luke-jr
19:16:55 <hebasto> wumpus: ty
19:17:36 <bitcoin-git> [13bitcoin] 15jonasschnelli opened pull request #18187: Add --options runtime (runtime hardening) to macOS codesign (06master...062020/02/macos_runtime_hardening) 02https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18187
19:18:35 <wumpus> I understand it enough to understand what the script does but not what's a good/least messy way of structuring autotools scripts, so definitely don't go by only my review there
19:19:11 <wumpus> any other topics?
19:19:25 <jonatack> #17208 could use review; this would allow us to build with -fsanitize=undefined
19:19:28 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17208 | Make all tests pass UBSan without using any UBSan suppressions by practicalswift · Pull Request #17208 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:19:52 <fanquake> I take it no one has found any new issues with rc2? I haven’t seen anything reported
19:20:08 <elichai2> jonatack: will review it!
19:20:36 * dongcarl back, looking
19:20:38 <wumpus> oh that one looks a lot less scary than I expected, mostly affect progress reporting code
19:21:26 <wumpus> the nBlocksTotal change in validation.cpp needs some eyes on it
19:21:45 <instagibbs> yeah was about to say
19:22:04 <jonatack> yes, that's the key change
19:22:32 <wumpus> but there was also a previous PR that changed a lot of signed/unsigned integer arithmetic all over the place, glad it's not that
19:23:15 <wumpus> fanquake: haven't seen anything reported either
19:23:34 <wumpus> I guess we can tag 0.19.1 final fairly soon
19:23:38 <wumpus> are the release notes ready?
19:23:47 <instagibbs> wumpus, oh you told me another PR was going in, so I closed my 3 line fix for it :P
19:23:56 <fanquake> Sure. There’s a few more things tagged for backport for 0.19, but I’m not convinced they are required for 0.19.1
19:24:04 <fanquake> Unsure about the release notes though
19:24:48 <wumpus> instagibbs: I don't remember having said that, which one?
19:25:05 <wumpus> instagibbs: you mean I said I wanted to merge another PR for 0.19.1?
19:25:33 <instagibbs> the UB PR, I had a 3 line fix, closed for later closed PR (not important just noting I had a similar fix)
19:26:23 <wumpus> instagibbs: oh, a 3 line fix instead of #17208?
19:26:26 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17208 | Make all tests pass UBSan without using any UBSan suppressions by practicalswift · Pull Request #17208 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:26:55 <instagibbs> right
19:26:56 <wumpus> depending on what the changed lines are that would be even better?
19:28:17 <wumpus> 0.19.1 changelog looks ok, no "Notable changes", but that happens more often for minor releases as it's bugfixes not features: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/0.19/doc/release-notes.md
19:29:48 <fanquake> Yea looks ok
19:29:58 <wumpus> thanks
19:30:48 <wumpus> I guess that concludes the meeting for today, happy reviewing everyone :)
19:30:56 <wumpus> #endmeeting