19:00:12 <meshcollider> #startmeeting
19:00:12 <lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Aug 28 19:00:12 2020 UTC.  The chair is meshcollider. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:12 <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:17 <meshcollider> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
19:00:17 <meshcollider> jeremyrubin emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
19:00:25 <provoostenator> hi
19:00:27 <achow101> hi
19:00:34 <meshcollider> Topics this week?
19:01:58 <provoostenator> No topics from me. I rebased a bunch of things.
19:02:03 <meshcollider> There are a few PRs that need review (from myself included) at the moment
19:02:05 <kanzure> hi
19:02:15 <achow101> just waiting on some reviews
19:02:28 <provoostenator> And just got back from vacation, so will do more review soon(tm)
19:02:33 <luke-jr> just a few? :P
19:02:44 <meshcollider> Always a few :)
19:02:56 <achow101> soon(tm)
19:03:15 <meshcollider> So hopefully we can tick off some bigger things this upcoming week
19:03:40 <provoostenator> Yeah, SQLite, Taproot wallet, OP_SECURE_THE_BAG support, should be doable.
19:04:13 <meshcollider> :D
19:04:41 <achow101> don't forget hardware wallets
19:05:35 <provoostenator> Can we get fast rescan while we're at it?
19:05:47 <sipa> paypal integration?
19:05:47 <provoostenator> I keep forgetting to disable debug mode when I open ancient wallets
19:06:10 <jonatack> hi
19:06:52 <provoostenator> Or maybe just a way to turn off debug mode without recompiling :-)
19:07:14 <achow101> I'd like to shill for #19619
19:07:19 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19619 | Remove wallet.dat path handling from wallet.cpp, rpcwallet.cpp by ryanofsky · Pull Request #19619 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:07:41 <meshcollider> achow101: I am mid-way through reviewing that
19:07:43 <achow101> as that's a requirement for sqlite wallets now
19:08:35 <meshcollider> But Marco's comment needs addressing anyway
19:08:41 <sipa> provoostenator: what is debug mode?
19:09:29 <provoostenator> --enable-debug
19:09:36 <provoostenator> Which slows rescan down enourmously
19:10:02 <achow101> I think phantomcircuit had something for rescanning on the block filters
19:10:09 <achow101> or was working on something for that
19:10:16 <provoostenator> I think MarcoFalke had a PR, but closed it.
19:10:22 <provoostenator> Indeed using filters
19:10:35 <provoostenator> There were some hairy issues around refilling the keypool and updating the filters.
19:11:02 <jonatack> I plan to get to the #11413 follow-ups soon, e.g. tests, cleanups, and universal explicit feerate argument for RPCs. Needed before feature freeze.
19:11:06 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11413 | [wallet] [rpc] sendtoaddress/sendmany: Add explicit feerate option by kallewoof · Pull Request #11413 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:11:40 <jonatack> RN we're overriding conf_target, which is a little confusing/scary
19:11:44 <provoostenator> jonatack: nice, feel free to tag me on it
19:11:57 <jonatack> will do
19:12:15 <meshcollider> Yeah, #15845
19:12:20 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15845 | wallet: Fast rescan with BIP157 block filters by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #15845 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:12:44 <provoostenator> Also let me know if there's anything in #16378 that needs changing for your vision of universal fee rates.
19:12:46 <jonatack> provoostenator: enable-debug slows down everything by ~half for me anyway
19:12:47 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16378 | The ultimate send RPC by Sjors · Pull Request #16378 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
19:12:57 <provoostenator> More like 10x for rescan
19:13:11 <provoostenator> But I can never be bothered to stop.
19:13:41 <jonatack> provoostenator: mentioned that PR to moneyball recently, will review/test it
19:13:42 <meshcollider> Ok so basically #action review lots!
19:13:53 <achow101> just review every PR tagged wallet
19:14:00 <jonatack> (ultimate send rpc)
19:14:22 <meshcollider> #endmeeting