15:00:15 <jnewbery> #startmeeting
15:00:15 <lightningbot> Meeting started Tue Oct  6 15:00:15 2020 UTC.  The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:15 <lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:26 <jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev P2P Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james
15:00:27 <hebasto> hi
15:00:32 <jnewbery> amiti fjahr jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55 elichai2
15:00:37 <dhruvm> hi
15:00:49 <ariard> hi
15:00:50 <gleb> hi
15:01:04 <jnewbery> Hi folks. Welcome to the P2P party!
15:01:11 <nehan> hi
15:01:16 <jnewbery> No suggested topics today: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#06-oct-2020
15:01:19 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/06 | Treat wallet as a generic keystore · Issue #6 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
15:01:37 <luke-jr> party? where's the pizza?
15:01:41 <jnewbery> Couple of reminders/public announcements. 1. Feature freeze is in 9 (NINE) days: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18947
15:01:51 <sipa> hi
15:02:10 <jnewbery> 2. AJ has been maintaining a project board of p2p issues/PRs here: https://github.com/users/ajtowns/projects/1. It's a good overview of all the p2p activity in the repo.
15:02:14 <sdaftuar> hello
15:02:21 <amiti> hi
15:02:39 <jonatack> hi
15:02:44 <jnewbery> anyone have any topic suggestions? Anything they want to share?
15:03:04 <Murch> hello
15:03:28 <gleb> aj: the board looks great, I'll see if it helps my review process somehow :)
15:03:47 <nehan> is there a good way to extract hi priority for review for p2p?
15:04:01 <jonatack> pls test #19954
15:04:05 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19954 | tor: complete the TORv3 implementation by vasild · Pull Request #19954 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
15:04:17 <gleb> #19988 is probably the highest priority right now...
15:04:19 <vasild> hi
15:04:24 <gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19988 | Overhaul transaction request logic by sipa · Pull Request #19988 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
15:04:38 <jnewbery> nehan: you mean the intersection of https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 and P2P PRs?
15:04:54 <jonatack> gleb: agree, along with taproot and tor v3
15:05:04 <jnewbery> or were you speaking more generally?
15:05:36 <nehan> jnewbery: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 doesn't have 19988 on it, for example, so i'm not sure i trust it for p2p
15:05:54 <hebasto> p2p roadmap?
15:06:25 <nehan> jnewbery: ignore me. I can't read :)
15:06:25 <jnewbery> nehan: I think it should! I've just added it
15:07:17 <jnewbery> I think general consensus is the high priority PRs right now are taproot, tx request overhaul and torv3. It'd be great if they could all land before feature freeze
15:08:29 <jnewbery> last call for suggested topics!
15:08:59 <jnewbery> great. short meetings are the best meetings. They leave more time for taproot review
15:09:05 <jonatack> ^
15:09:16 <jnewbery> #endmeeting